The Catholic Church uses a liturgical calendar to mark our time as we await the Second Coming of Jesus. There are five liturgical seasons: Advent, Christmas, Ordinary Time, Lent, and Easter Season. Each season reminds us of the story of our salvation. Advent prepares us for Christmas by recalling the Old Testament promises and prophecies. […]
From the announcements:
- SCRIP on sale this weekend.
- We will need help watering new plantings at the PAC in the first couple of weeks of June. Please call the office if you can help with a.m. and/or p.m. waterings.
- Bishop’s Annual Appeal continues. Please fill out an appeal envelope or give through the diocese website online.
VBS sign-ups after Masses on May 30 & 31 and June 6 & 7.
On line registration will be available starting Monday, May 25.
Grab your lab coat, put on those safety goggles, and join us in the SonSpark Labs!
VBS dates this year are Monday, June 29 through Thursday, July 2
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Parish Activity Center
VBS classes are Pre-K through 5th grade.
Kids will enjoy Bible stories, crafts, games, snack and music.
**Volunteers needed** If you can volunteer to help lead a class from station to station, please contact the parish office or Maryann Lange. It does not involve any teaching.
From the announcements:
- Vacation Bible School planning meeting at the PAC this Sunday after 10:30 a.m. Mass.
- Collection for the victims in Nepal through Catholic Relief Services will take place at the end of this weekend’s Masses.
- Special collection for Catholic Communications is also this weekend. See page 4.
Father Pat’s homily for May 10, 2015
Listen here or click the title to listen online.
Make the decision to enthrone your home to His Sacred Heart.
It is not a difficult process.
You can find out more about it here: Sacred Heart Congress Columbus
You can have a Sacred Heart Team contact you about enthroning your home, school, or office. If you are interested, please contact the parish office for the phone number of our Sacred Heart Columbus parish missionaries, Mike and Sue Gill.
To all mothers. St. Edith Stein explained in her writings that the woman’s body stamps her soul with particular qualities which are common to all women. Motherhood is a universal calling for women, and not simply a task to be exercised with ones biological children. So, today we also recognize all living and deceseased mothers, […]